Monday, April 7, 2008

The Giver

I think I have read The Giver in middle school, but I could hardly remember it. At first I was a little hesitant about this story... but it was a lot more interesting this time around. I have realized that happening a lot, since taking this class. The books I hated when I was younger, I am actually enjoying now. I think it helps, when we disucss them in class because I am seeing it from a different perspective. In the book, we discussed how "Utopia" is like this perfect place. It is a community where everyone is happy and polite, there is no prejudice, competiton, and everything is just peaceful all the time. The major part of the community is the fact that there is no memories, where all of this seems appealing at first, but as you read the book it seems to not be as perfect and it causes a lot of problems later on.

No comments: