Sunday, March 23, 2008

Tickly Octopus

I work in a church nursery on Sunday mornings and help with the 3-4 year old class. I absolutely love it and one of my favorite things to do with them is to read out loud to them. Recently I read to them Tickly Octopus by Ruth Galloway. It was a really cute book, and the kids seemed to really enjoy it. The main theme of the story is about a little Octopus being comfortable within itself and finding its true value and identity. Those type of stories are always great, because children can easily relate. This book was also really neat, in the sense that is emphasized rhyming and alliterations. I notice those characteristics a lot now, since I am a future educator. Tjhe illustrations are also really colorful and vibrant, which really engaged the kids. I find it really interesting how kids react to books and how they interact.

No comments: